Teachers are praising a groundbreaking new literacy resource that helps all children learning to write to learn grammar, punctuation, syntax and storytelling.
Revolutionary new Mighty Writer uses picture tiles to help children construct sentences to tell stories. They stick the tiles to soft-touch mats and toolbars using hook and loop fastening.
Nouns, verbs, adjectives and adverbs are represented by bright and memorable pictures and shapes to help teachers deliver powerful and engaging lessons in literacy.
Mighty Writer is the brainchild of Bournemouth teacher Emma Ralph – former Assistant Head at Hillbourne Primary School, Poole – and her husband David, a management consultant.
Teachers and literacy advisers are hailing Mighty Writer a major success after the Ralphs launched it in March 2016 at the Education Show, NEC, Birmingham.
In pre-launch tests, teachers scored Mighty Writer an overall 9.7 out of 10 for helping children to learn vital literacy lessons:
- Have they made significant progress? - 10/10
- How engaged is the child? - 9.8/10
- Are the children interacting? - 9.6/10
- Does Mighty Writer encourage them to speak? - 9.9/10
- Are they keen to write their sentences on paper? - 9.6/10
Teacher Sarah Booker of Castle Court School, Corfe Mullen, Dorset said: “The children loved Mighty Writer – it really engaged even the reluctant writers.
“Children went from writing a couple of lines to half a page within hours. Suddenly they began to write reams – it even motivated them to write at home too.
“They quickly developed their ability to write more interesting sentences and use a wider range of punctuation,” she added.
Emma Ralph said: “Mighty Writer transforms the way children’s writing is taught and learnt. It enables young children to become independent, confident and capable writers very quickly.
“We wanted to simplify the complex process of learning to write – and to enthuse children of all abilities.
“Mighty Writer equips teachers with a powerful and easy-to-use resource that saves time. It doesn’t overload them with complex new learning materials like some teaching tools,” she added.
Mighty Writer retails at £449 + VAT (plus delivery). Each pack includes:
- a large mat (164cm wide x 127cm high) – it can be used on the floor or suspended on a wall
- two retractable (and removable) poles for wall hanging
- sentence opener/conjunction tiles and toolbar
- punctuation tiles and toolbar
- two toolbars with 88 images of transport, living things, objects, settings and weather
- 18 green, orange and red sentence mats
- blank tiles (so teachers can customise lessons) plus arrow tiles (to guide children from sentence to sentence)
- a zipped storage bag and a tile bag
- access to online training videos and printable blank story maps.
View the website http://www.mightywriter.co.uk to see Mighty Writer in action. Watch the video on the Home page.
Contact Mighty Writer Ltd Director Emma Ralph for more information: +44(0)1202 251126, , www.mightywriter.co.uk
Notes for Editors
Mighty Writer Ltd
66 Brackendale Road
Tel: +44(0)1202 251126
Mighty Writer | Developed By A Teacher – For Teachers
Mighty Writer uses pictures and soft-touch toolbars to transform the way 4-7-year-old children learn grammar, punctuation and syntax. It enables them to become independent, confident, capable writers.
Teachers, TAs and other education professionals use Mighty Writer to create exciting and engaging lessons quickly and easily – complementing other teaching resources if required.